Sunday, October 17, 2010

McDonalds, Monkeys, and Walmart

Maybe we should have chosen Whataburger over McDonalds?

What I thought would be somewhat of a nice relaxing dinner, (can you really have that at McDonalds?) turned VERY .... well, read on.

We're halfway thru dinner, Brian and I are talking, Emilys eating, (or so I thought) and she starts flipping out..
"Mommy mommy mommy!!! Dere's a MONKEY!" Repeating this over and over and over.
She finally gets my attention : those of you who know my daughter, you know you just have to tune her out sometimes.
So I turn around to see this so-called "MONKEY" ... Ugh..
My stomach just literally dropped! (Not enough that I still wanted the rest of my cheese burger) ;)
Have you figured it out yet?

It was a colored person. :/
I'm still hoping he did NOT hear her.

So, we walk out into Walmart, do our shopping, and go to the checkout line.
There's a man in front of us, which of course Emily HAS to talk to.

Man: I like your flower.

Emily: Danks! Wook!
As she lifts up her whole dress and flashes this poor guy!!
Brian and I could have died!
Maybe she's had too much Mardi Gras?
Thankfully he just turned around and said, "don't worry. I have a two year old daughter."


The zoo is at fault!
I blame the zoo!
Had it not been for the zoo and their monkey display, this never would have happened!

Okay.. Maybe it would have.
But she never did it before.

The whole flashing somebody when they comment on your flower.. I mean really?
I know she didn't get that from me! I don't ever wear flowers on my clothes.

I seriously hope I'm not the only mother that has these problems...

No comments:

Post a Comment